- All Superinterfaces:
- CwmElement, CwmModelElement, CwmNamespace, RefBaseObject, RefFeatured, RefObject
- All Known Subinterfaces:
- CwmCatalog, CwmExtent, CwmModel, CwmRowSet, CwmSchema, CwmSubsystem, FemDataServer, FemLocalCatalog, FemLocalSchema
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- CwmCatalog$Hib, CwmExtent$Hib, CwmModel$Hib, CwmPackage$Hib, CwmRowSet$Hib, CwmSchema$Hib, CwmSubsystem$Hib, FemDataServer$Hib, FemLocalCatalog$Hib, FemLocalSchema$Hib
public interface CwmPackage
- extends CwmNamespace
Package object instance interface.
A package is a grouping of model elements.
In the metamodel, Package is a subclass of Namespace. A Package contains
ModelElements such as Packages and Classifiers. A Package may also contain
Constraints and Dependencies between ModelElements of the Package.
The purpose of the package construct is to provide a general grouping
mechanism. In fact, its only semantics is to define a namespace for its
contents. The package construct can be used for organizing elements for
any purpose; the criteria to use for grouping elements together into one
package are not defined.
A package owns a set of model elements, with the implication that if the
package is removed from the model, so are the elements owned by the
package. Elements with names, such as classifiers, that are owned by the
same package must have unique names within the package, although elements
in different packages may have the same name.
There may be relationships between elements contained in the same package,
and between an element in one package and an element in a surrounding
package at any level. In other words, elements ?see? all the way out
through nested levels of packages.
Elements in peer packages, however, are encapsulated and are not a priori
visible to each other. The same goes for elements in contained packages,
i.e. packages do not see "inwards".
Elements owned by a Package can be made available to other Packages by
them. Although any ModelElement may be imported by a Package, imported
ModelElements are typically other Packages. When an element is imported by
package it extends the namespace of that package. Thus the elements
available in a
Package consists of its owned and imported ModelElements.
Note: This type should not be subclassed,
implemented or directly instantiated by clients. It is generated from a
MOF metamodel and implemented by Enki or MDR.
- Returns the value of reference importedElement.
- Value of reference importedElement. Element type: